Keep your Back Healthy!
Beverly Hills Spine Surgery
- Exercise Regularly
- Exercises that strengthen your neck and upper back, lower back, & core muscles, will improve spine health.
- Eat Healthy
- Consume lean proteins, vegetables & healthy fats
- Sleep Well
- Upgrade your mattress if it is no longer firm & make sure your pillow is adequately supporting your neck.
- Stretch at Work
- If you spend a great deal of time at a desk be sure to stretch your chest and shoulders.
- Lift Properly
- Don’t forget to breathe as you lift, & make sure you are well balanced. If something is too heavy, ask someone for help.
- Stand More
- Stand up and stretch and go for a short walk once per hour.
- Stress Less
- Stress impacts not only your mind but also your back; try meditation.
- Lower your Heels
- Heels can throw off your spinal alignment. Alternate between high & low heels & even more supportive shoes, during the week
- Stop Smoking
- Smokers are 3 times more likely to have chronic back pain than non-smokers. Smoking may also hasten degeneration in the lower spine.