Common Spine Specialities
Our specialists offer treatment for the most common spine conditions.
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Disc Disease also commonly known as “DDD” – natural breakdown or degeneration of the discs. It is often the effect of daily physical stress or minor injuries. The breakdown of the spinal discs causes gradual loss of water and the rigid outer shell of a disc, weakens. When a disc (s) weaken it may result in pressure being out on the nerves in the spinal column.
- Symptoms may include pain,weakness,pins and needles and burning sensation at area of DDD.
- Scoliosis is a medical condition in which a person’s spine has a sideways curve.The curve is usually “S”- or “C”-shaped.In some, the degree of curve is stable, while in others, it increases over time. Symptoms rarely cause any physical pain however worsen in curvature and disrupt quality of life.
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spaces within the spine. Potentially causing pressure on the nerves that travel through the spine. Spinal stenosis occurs most often in the lower back and the neck.
- Symptoms may include pain in lowback or neck, tingling, numbness and muscle weakness in arms, hands, legs and feet. Symptoms can worsen over time.
- Flatback Syndrome
- Flatback Syndrome is a condition of the spine in which there is a loss of normal curvature. The malalignment of the spine can lead to symptoms of pain and fatigue and affect upright posture.
- Kyphosis refers to the forward curvature of the spine. The thoracic spine has a normal kyphosis to balance the backward curvature of the cervical and lumbar spine. Occasionally, excessive kyphosis can lead to the head being positioned forward of the pelvis and result in pain and disability.
- Symptoms may include back pain fatigue or back musculature, difficulty standing and lifting head.
Contact our spine specialists at DOCS Health today to schedule a consultation.