Parham Yashar, MD FACS
Minimally-Invasive Spine Specialist (MIS Spine), Disc Replacement and Motion-Preservation Surgery SpecialistSchedule a consultation
Dr. Yashar is a fellowship-trained Board-Certified Neurosurgeon, specializing in outpatient spine surgery as well as cranial and endovascular procedures. He has performed countless spine operations, including those involving challenging degenerative spinal conditions, spine tumors, and complex spinal trauma.
Dr. Yashar treats every patient as a whole patient, rather than only focusing on their symptoms or condition alone. Dr. Yashar is thorough with each and every patient as he believes each patient is the center of their care team–he discusses their conditions with them and reviews their images together, inviting them to participate in their health care decision.
Dr. Yashar believes in treating patients first with conservative, nonsurgical therapies first, as a majority of patients do not require surgical intervention. Should surgery become necessary, he offers the safest, most effective, and least invasive approach. Dr. Yashar is passionate about minimally-invasive spine surgery and motion preservation (Artificial Disc Replacement surgery, Minimally-Invasive Lumbar laminectomy surgery) as these allow patients the opportunity to return to their level of performance expeditiously. He provides personalized attention to each and every patient and welcomes questions and discussion about each of the treatment options.
- B.S. in Cybernetics with Departmental Honors, UCLA - Summa cum laude
- MD, Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University
- Residency in Neurological Surgery, LAC+USC / Keck School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Endovascular Neurosurgery, University at Buffalo (UBNS)
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS)
- Multiple publications and abstracts in Peer-Reviewed medical journals and conferences
- Lecturer and Trainer in Spinal Surgical courses
- Diplomate, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- California Association of Neurosurgical Surgeons
- American Heart Association
- Society for Neuro-Interventional Surgery